20 Critical Thinking Questions for IELTS Writing
20 Questions to Develop Critical Thinking Skills
In this lesson, we look at 20 questions that will help you to develop your critical thinking skills.
The more time you spend contemplating these questions in your preparation period, the faster you will be in your real IELTS writing test.
- What can individuals/ companies/ government do to protect the environment?
- Who has a greater responsibility to protect the environment: individuals, companies, or governments?
- What stops individuals/ companies/ governments from taking action to improve the environment?
- Which is more important: protecting the environment or economic growth?
- Is it a good thing that more people own their own private car?
- How can we reduce traffic congestion in cities?
- What are the positive and negative effects of tourism?
- How can the government protect areas of natural beauty?
- How do you think that parenting styles were different in the past?
- What makes someone a “good” parent?
- Who has a larger influence on children, parents, teachers, or friends?
- What differences are there in terms of the opportunities you have (schooling, jobs, etc.) if you are born into a rich family or a poor family?
- Should subjects such as art and music be taught in schools?
- What skills should schools equip young people with?
- What factors should young people consider when choosing a career?
- Many people get the news from social media. Is this a good or a bad thing?
- How does technology effect our productivity at work?
- How will advances in technology change the quantity and type of jobs in the future?
- Is salary the most important aspect when choosing a job?
- What makes a career or profession a “good” one to choose?